Our Academic Initiatives:
- Enrollment drive
- Teachers’ training
- Head teachers’ training
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Addition of teachers
- Early childhood education
- Life skills training
- Free student notebooks
- Teaching kits
- Student assessment
- Student & teacher incentives
We are especially focused on capacity building of our teachers through teachers’ training conducted in the following stages:
- Pre-service Training
- In-Service Training
- Ongoing Training
- Refresher Courses
- Instruction on I.T. & Curriculum
The specific area in which we provide training for the teachers are as follows:
- Essentials of Classroom Instructions (Learning Styles)
- Classroom Management
- Behavior Management
- Effective teaching Strategies
- Question based learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Teaching of Sciences
- Teaching of Mathematics
- English for teachers
MONITORING & EVALUATION
Our performance matrix comprises the following:
- Data-Driven Planning: Curricular & Instructional Strategies
- Instructional Delivery: Student Learning by addressing individual learning preferences
- Assessment: Analysis of Data to measure student progress.
- Learning Environment: Provision of well managed, safe, student-centered environment
- Communication with student staff and community
- Professionalism: Regular, punctual, prepared and ready for professional growth opportunities.
- Student Achievement: Measurement of student participation in curricular and co-curricular activities.
Student Assessment and Evaluation is done on the following basis:
- Formative (through worksheets in 3 core subjects: Math, English and Science)
- Summative (through exams)
We help the teachers with syllabus planning in the following ways:
- Books used in our schools are recommended by Punjab Textbook Board
- The syllabus is divided into three terms per year.
- Our syllabus instruction is divided into monthly, weekly, daily categories.
- Lesson Planning
Majority of the students does not have access to a computer at their homes; hence, PEN is committed to imparting computer literacy in its adopted schools by establishing computer labs.
Initially, PEN will set up computer labs in the Middle Schools and High Schools which will subsequently spread to all Primary schools as well. In addition, PEN will provide highly-qualified computer teachers to the schools and design syllabus break-up and lesson plans.
With the goal of encouraging academic excellence, PEN will distribute student and teacher incentives to reward academic progress. The program has proven to inculcate a healthy competition among the students, teachers and broadly among the schools. A small ceremony will be organized after the board declares the result for Class V and Class VIII and awards are distributed among the deserving candidates.